Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hey! Who wants to be a millionaire?

I'm quite sure that everyone would love to be a millionaire, or at least the majority of the human race would like to.

Anyhow, today I attended a wealth-building seminar on campus, and I must add that I did learn something. The provider of this workshop was the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).

The FDIC's initial goal for having wealth-building seminars on college campuses is to educate college students in the area of finances. The workshop was a brilliant idea in my opinion because we students specifically need to be in the "know" concerning finances.

Education loans etc. and simply trying to make ends meet could easily set a student up for a future of financial deficiencies and bad credit; and that was one of the primary topics of discussion. Hey, that reminds me: Would anyone like to pay off my debt? I am just kidding.

One of the best quotes that I heard in the seminar was spoken by the first guest speaker, and that was "It's not hard to become a millionaire." If one followed the advice that the FDIC gave, such as saving money, maintaining good credit, using budgeting tools and making smart investments, it could be much easier to become a millionaire.

However, in the meantime while waiting to make our millions, let us keep in mind that true wealth is salvation, good health, family, friends, love, peace and happiness.

Here is a free financial web site that the FDIC shared with everyone during the seminar: www.bankrate.com

I have already checked out the above site and done some financial calculations on it. It is amazing. I encourage you to check it out and I hope that you find the site helpful. Let us continue to be money smart.

1 comment:

  1. Girl I need the 411 on the FDIC track to that CASH million.

    ReplyDelete